Main activities of the UIC Asset Management Working Group
- Common view on understanding of what is asset management.
- Standard: Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 55, which sets out the principles of asset management.
- “Methods and instruments to manage life cycle costs” and “methods and instruments to manage risk”.
- Asset information and asset registers - “structure, level of detail of an adequate and flexible AM register/database”.
- Use of a Geographical Information System as the main way of accessing asset information.
- Exchange of best practice in AM organization (process).
- Exchange of best practice in AM methods, techniques and instruments.
- State of the art in Asset Management outside Rail Infrastructure.
- What is the value of Risk- and Life Cycle Cost management for AM.
- Define/classification of lines in terms of functionality and quality.
- Processes (tactical, realization on medium term):
- Framework for a AM decision making process; standards or structures for an effective AM-approach/AM-process.
- Method(s) to manage explicitly the relation between costs, income and performance.
- How to create best value for money.
- How to measure performance and quality.
- Execution of benchmarks: costs (=LICB), performance and organisation quality.
- Overview and definitions of effective Kpi’s related to the IM-business (costs, availability, safety, ...).
- Methods and instrument(s) to manage Life Cycle Costs.
- Methods and instrument(s) to manage Risk.
To provide IM members of the UIC with the necessary instruments/tools to develop their own Asset Management Plan to optimise the level of performance with the minimum LCC in a homogeneous way.
To provide IM members of the UIC with a vision on AM in general and specific tools to create best value for money for the stakeholders. It is a platform to exchange best practice.
For more information on this activity, contact: